Insurance Solutions for Downstream Oil & Gas Industrial Service Contractors
Industrial contractors who work within the confines of a refinery, have to comply with a myriad of insurance requirements. To further complicate matters, clients have differing requirements. This makes it imperative that the insurance policies enacted are flexible enough to adapt to varying limits and forms, without having to resort to writing a totally new policy midterm.
Work in refineries and chemical plants include painting, insulation, specialized coating industries, insulation contractors, welding and machine shops, refurbishing pumps, valves & compressors, fabricating and welding catwalks and other structures, piping, pigging, instrumentation commissioning, electrical, catalyst loading, roustabout, safety personnel, OSHA training, non-destructive testing, asset life monitoring, mechanical integrity studies, pressure vessel inspections, tank cleaning, tank repairs, painting, de-gassing, heavy equipment transportation, we have the knowledge and experience to ensure adequate coverage is provided.
While some of the above trades are relatively low risk, most others are considered hazardous, and require higher limits of insurance, with broader coverage.We take the time up front, to understand your business practices, your industry, your current clients, nuances specific to your business. This includes multi-locations and multi-state exposures, use of independent contractors, sub-contractors, use of company owned vehicles, DOT trucking, HR Compliance, and Employee benefits. A thorough analysis of the company, and products and services offered, is performed.
The resulting profile allows us to work closely with insurance carriers to make certain all lines of work have been considered, and the necessary forms and endorsements have been included in your insurance policies.
WHY COMMERCIAL GLOBAL INSURANCE / HIGGINBOTHAM
- 53 years of insurance and risk management experience at your service
- Getting insurance is just the first step. We support you on day 2 and each day onward.
- In-house attorney contract reviews to limit risks and assure enforceable contracts.
- Licensed claims adjusters serve as the client’s claims advocacy team, and handle the entire claims process and provide speedy resolution.
- Safety and loss control second to none. We assist with a 360 degree loss prevention program, complete with industry benchmarks and worksite safety assessments. Services include:
- Fleet Safety
- Safety Training
- Safety Training Manuals and Handbooks
- Loss Analysis
- Regulatory compliance with:
- Access to a complete library of tools and documents to supplement your risk management program, including manuals, newsletters, benchmark surveys, and an interactive community of industry peers from around the country for questions and answers.
- Comprehensive portfolio of health & retirement benefit services, to maximize the efficiency of your group health plans, including full service Payroll & HR,
At Commercial Global Insurance, we are well versed in these affiliated host of Industrial Contractors. Whether it is a petrochemical plant, refurbishing a pipeline valve, servicing an oil field pump, natural gas compressor, instrumentation and electrical contractors, tank cleaning, tank repairs, painting, de-gassing, high pressure cleaning services, or transporting oil field equipment in and out of refineries and petrochemical plants, we have the knowledge and experience to ensure adequate coverage is provided.
Oil & Gas Insurance Policies for Energy Industries may include:
- General Liability Insurance
- Contractors Pollution Liability Insurance
- Professional Errors & Omissions Coverage
- Equipment Floater Policies for Oil Field Equipment
- Onshore and Offshore Exposure General Liability
- Umbrella Insurance Coverage
- Automobile Liability
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Environmental Package Policies
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Longshoreman and Maritime insurance…and more
General Liability Insurance for Oil and Gas Companies
General liability insurance enhanced with customized umbrella policies is very important to the protection of businesses in the energy industry. Oil and Gas liability insurance provides liability coverage for catastrophic events such as explosions, collapses and accidents resulting in personal injury and or death.
Pollution & Environmental Liability Insurance for Energy Companies
Pollution and environmental liability insurance is another especially important insurance product for companies servicing the energy industries, where there is a greater inherent risk of liability. In the energy industry the risk of spills is high, with potentially catastrophic damages. The traditional General Liability policy typically excludes coverage for pollution and cleanup, leaving significant exposure in the event of a spill. Variations of the Pollution policy also throw in an element of timing, imposing limits on what is covered and the duration. It takes an insurance professional to assess risks and negotiate policy terms and conditions.
Umbrella Insurance for the Energy Industry
Umbrella Policies help cover losses above the underlying limits of other policies such as General Liability, Workers Comp and Commercial Auto. Due to inherently catastrophic nature of the Oil & Gas Industry, these Umbrella Policies must be crafted in such a manner so as to ensure the insured has coverage in the event of a peril. Commercial Global Insurance has the expertise to assess your operation and help craft a policy for your needs.
Commercial Global Insurance / Higginbotham is a nationwide company
Located in Friendswood, Texas, we are recognized experts in the oil & gas industry. As such, we are experts at crafting comprehensive insurance policies for companies operating within the Oil & Gas industry. Our goal is to protect our client’s assets and shareholder value. Our risk management and loss mitigation services complement our clients on a local, national and international level. We’re here to help protect your business.
We can provide insurance for Oil & Gas and Petro Chemical Refineries in all 50 states, including Alaska, California, Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Colorado, Wyoming, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Pennsylvania, Utah, the Gulf of Mexico, as well as Canada.
Whether your Oil & Gas business is Transportation, Directional Drilling, Fracking, Oil & Gas Contractor, Oil & Gas Operator, Well Logging, Upstream, Downstream, Safety Consulting, or an Oil Field Supply Company providing Drilling and Production equipment, Commercial Global Insurance / Higginbotham has the solutions to protect your business. We offer competitive packages to start up companies, allowing them to expand their coverage as their business develops.